We respect the privacy of our customers and partners and take it very seriously.
- What Personal Data we collect and why we collect it
- How we use Personal Data
- Who we share Personal Data with
- The rights you have, including how to access, update, and remove Personal Data
This policy applies (i) immediately to new users who use or access the Service on or after the Effective Date and (ii) on the Effective Date to users who use or access the Service before the Effective Date.
The data controller is Eclipse s.r.l., with registered offices in Via Manfredi di Svevia, 2/A – 82100 – Benevento, and registered in the Company Register of Benevento under VAT number: IT01658470628, in the person of its legal representative, Mr. Giuseppe Luongo, social security number LNGGPP56H08A783N.
In compliance with the European General Data Protection Regulation, the data controller appointed a Data Protection Officer: Ms Stefania Ferrara, email: email@example.com.
Exclusively for the purpose of providing technical assistance, personal data may be processed by the employees of Eclipse srl who will handle your data under strict care and confidentiality.
- Personal Data we collect
We collect Personal Data about you when you provide it directly to us, when service providers (such as our advertising service providers) provide us with Personal Data about you, or when Personal Data about you is automatically collected in connection with your use of our Service. We collect the following Personal Data from you in connection with the Service:
- Basic Account Information: we ask for basic information from you in order to set up your account. We collect typical “business card information” such as your first and last name, physical address, email address. This is the basic information that we collect when you register to download our free service or buy any payment service.
- Transaction and Billing Information: information that you provide in connection with your purchase of one of our services – a design kit, a Webflow template or a subscription plan – and that is required to process the transaction and your payment, for example billing name and surname, a billing address, a VAT number, the email you use for your webflow account. You must only provide us with Billing Information for accounts that you have the lawful right to access. We don’t see and collect any financial information such as credit card numbers. These are provided directly to PayPal whose use of your personal data is governed by their privacy policies: https://www.paypal.com/en/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full
- User Account Information: information that identifies you to our services, such as your email address, password.
- Credentials: depending on the services you use, you may provide us with credentials for your website (like SSH, FTP, and SFTP username and password, or webflow credentials). For example, you may provide us with these credentials in order to allow us to troubleshoot problems on your projects and site more quickly.
- Communications with Us: You may also provide us information when you communicate with our team about a support question or post a question about your site in our public forums.
Important Note: Users of our Services should not use end-customer personal data (e.g. actual or “live” end-customer data) when building their projects. Industry practice is to use “dummy data” that does not refer to actual people. Please also do not provide us with any sensitive personal data while building your projects. For example, do not provide personal health information or personal financial information). If this type of data is necessary to make your prototype “come alive”, use dummy data instead.
- How we collect your Personal Data
There are two main methods we use:
- We collect information through your entry and use of the Site. In other words, when you access or use the Site, we are aware of your usage of Site, and may gather, collect and store the information relating to such usage, either independently or through the help of third-party service providers as detailed below.
- We collect information which you provide us voluntarily. We collect Personal Information when you complete the contact form and/or send us a feedback, comment or support request through our website. We may gather, collect and store the Personal Information either independently or through the help of our authorized third-party service providers as detailed below.
- Why we collect and use your personal data
The information that we collect may be used notably for the purposes listed below:
- to provide our Services – for example, to set up and maintain your account, to identify you when login to our services, to process your transactions;
- to further develop and improve our Services – for example by adding new features that we think our users will enjoy or will help them create and manage their websites more efficiently;
- to send you updates and notifications about our services;
- to communicate with you, for example through an email, about offers and promotions;
- to monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities,
- to process your support requests;
- to share your activities with your contacts if you are connected through third parties services (Facebook, Google, Twitter);
- to respond to you about any comment or enquiry you have submitted.
- Legal bases for collecting and processing personal data
We will only use your Personal Data if we have a lawful basis for doing so. Lawful bases for processing include consent, contractual necessity, and our “legitimate interests”, as further described below:
- Consent: we process Personal Data based on the consent you expressly grant to us at the time we collect such data. When we process Personal Data based on your consent, it will be expressly indicated to you at the point and time of collection.
- Contractual Necessity: We process the following categories of Personal Data because we need to process the data to perform under our User Agreement with you, which enables us to provide you with the Service. When we process data due to contractual necessity, failure to provide such Personal Data will result in your inability to use some or all portions of the Service that require such data:
- Contact Information
- User Account Information
- Transaction and billing Information
- Technical assistance information.
- Legitimate Interest: We process the following categories of Personal Data when we believe doing so furthers the legitimate interest of us:
- Contact Information
- User Account Information
- Transaction Information
Examples of these legitimate interests include:
- Operation and improvement of our business, products, and services
- Marketing of our products and services
- Provision of customer support
- Protection from fraud or security threats
- Compliance with legal obligations
- How and with whom we share your personal data
We do not sell our users’ private personal information.
We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Third Party Service Providers: We may share information about you with third party service providers who help us provide our Services to you (like payment providers that process payment, email delivery services that help us stay in touch with you, those that help us maintain the security of our products and services, those that assist us with understanding and enhancing our Services (like analytics providers in order to, for example, provide technical or other support services to you).
We require vendors to agree to privacy commitments in order to share information with them.
- Legal request: we may share your Personal Data when we believe it is necessary to
comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process, including from law enforcement or other government agencies
- How Long We Keep your Personal data
We generally discard information about you when we no longer need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it–which are described in the section above on Why We collect personal data–and we are not legally required to continue to keep it.
While no online service is 100% secure, We maintain our customer’s privacy security as our highest priority and use commercially reasonable security measures to protect against unauthorized access, use, loss, alteration, or destruction of their personal data.
- Rights and choices you have regarding your personal data
You have certain rights with respect to your Personal Data, and we want to help you review and update your information to ensure it is accurate and up-to-date.
In compliance with the European General Data Protection Regulation, you have the rights listed below:
- Access: You can request more information about the Personal Data we hold about you and request a copy of such Personal Data.
- Rectification: If you believe that any Personal Data we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, you can request that we correct or supplement such data.
- Erasure: You can request that we erase some or all of your Personal Data from our systems. Please note that deleting mandatory information may prevent you from using the related services.
- Portability: You can ask for a copy of your Personal Data in a machine-readable format.
You can usually access, correct, or delete your personal data using your account settings and tools that we offer, but if you aren’t able to do that, or have any additional requests or questions, contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the following, please email us at email@example.com:
- Withdrawal of Consent: if we are processing your Personal Data based on your consent (as indicated at the time of collection of such data), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note, however, that if you exercise this right, you may have to then provide express consent on a case-by-case basis for the use or disclosure of certain of your Personal Data, if such use or disclosure is necessary to enable you to utilize some or all of our Service.
- Restriction of Processing: You can ask us to restrict further processing of your Personal Data.
Users in the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland have the right to lodge a complaint with the Supervisory Authority for data protection in their country, should they find that we did not appropriately address their question or concern. A detailed list of supervisor authorities can be found by clicking the following link:http://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/item-detail.cfm?item_id=612080
- Right to object
You can at any time opt out of receiving newsletters and other promotional messages from us. Just click on the “unsubscribe” button at the bottom of those messages. If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your account and legal notices.
Moreover, you may opt-out of third party cookies from Google Analytics by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout and following opt-out instructions.
- Closing Your Account
You may ask to close an account by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and upon termination of your account, we will take reasonable steps to delete your Personal Data as soon as is practicable. However, some information may remain in archived/backup copies for our records or as otherwise required by law. Those interests include without limitation the completion of transactions, maintaining records for financial reporting purposes, complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing agreements.
Our Service is not intended for children under the age of 16, and therefore, we don’t knowingly acquire or receive Personal Data from children under the age of 16. If we later learn that any user of our Service is under the age of 16 in the EU, we will take appropriate steps to remove that user’s information from our account database and will restrict that individual from future access to the Service.
- Links to third party sites
- Information about cookies
The cookies on this Site are:
- technical and analytics cookies necessary to operate the Site, for aggregated statistical analysis and to improve and simplify the use of the Site and optimize the browsing experience of the User;
- third party cookies which may also make activity of profiling and tracking of the User even without the acknowledgement of Data Controller. For further information, we recommend the User to carefully review the privacy policies of the services listed below.
The following chart shows the different types of cookies we use and the related purposes:
|Google Analytics allows us to collect aggregated and anonymous data on the usage of our website and to analyze how Musegain Services are accessed, used, or performing. We use this information to maintain, operate, innovate and improve our Services.||https://www.google.com/analytics/terms/us.html
|Google Adsense enables Google and its partners to serve ads to your users based on their visit to your sites and/or other sites on the Internet.||https://policies.google.com/technologies/ads
|Google AdWords conversion tracking (Google Inc.)
|Google AdWords conversion tracking is an analytics service provided by Google Inc. that connects data from the Google AdWords advertising network with actions performed on MuseGain.||https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en|
|Paypal is the payment gateway we use to sell our products and services to you. When you purchase from MuseGain, Paypal stores your paypal account, credit card data and payment information.Your data is stored through Paypal’s data storage, databases and the general Paypal application.||https://www.paypal.com/en/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full|
|Facebook Ads conversion tracking is an analytics service provided by Facebook, Inc. that connects data from the Facebook advertising network with actions performed on MuseGain.||https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/|
|Facebook sharing||Facebook provides users “share” and “like” functionality||https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/|
|Help Scout||We use Help Scout to provide you technical assistence.||https://www.helpscout.net/company/legal/privacy/|
|Amazon AWS||Amazon AWS provides us cloud computing, database and customer engagement services||https://aws.amazon.com/it/privacy/|
|Disqus||Disqus allow users to comment products, services and experiance on the Site||https://help.disqus.com/terms-and-policies/disqus-privacy-policy|
Provided bu Google Inc.
You can delete cookies already installed including the cookie in which the expression of consent to the installation of cookies has been saved by this Site. Please note that disabling cookies may prevent some site’s features from working correctly.
You can find information and exercise Your right to object the tracking of cookies in your browser at the following addresses:
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies; Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647;
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your- computer;
- Opera: https://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/privacy/; Apple Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/ph21411.
Last review May 2018